The ANCA San Fernando Valley East Chapter (ANCA-SFVE) is one of over a dozen chapters of the Armenian National Committee of America Western Region. The ANCA-SFVE works to educate, motivate, and activate the more than 70,000 Americans of Armenian descent who reside in the eastern San Fernando Valley districts of North Hollywood, Valley Glen, Valley Village, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, Panorama City, Toluca Lake, Pacoima, Sun Valley and other neighborhoods East of the 405 freeway in the San Fernando Valley of the City of Los Angeles.
The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) is the largest and most influential Armenian American grassroots political organization. Working in coordination with a network of offices, chapters and supporters throughout the United States and affiliated organizations around the world, the ANCA actively advances the concerns of the Armenian American community on a broad range of issues.
The main goals of the ANCA are:
- To foster public awareness in support of a free, united and independent Armenia
- To influence and guide U.S. policy on matters of interest to the Armenian American community
- To represent the collective Armenian American viewpoint on matters of public policy, while serving as liaison between the community and their elected officials.
The ANCA San Fernando Valley East Chapter (ANCA-SFVE) is the voice and advocate of the 70,000+ strong Armenian American community that resides in the Eastern San Fernando Valley. We regularly meet with elected representatives and other government officials to ensure that the concerns and issues facing our community remain on the forefront of their legislative and executive agendas. Through such regular meetings, we also establish and maintain great relationships with our local elected and appointed officials to be able to communicate important information back to our community in a timely and efficient manner.
The ANCA San Fernando Valley East Chapter (ANCA-SFVE) is concerned with the wellbeing, safety, and prosperity of the Armenian-American and greater community in the eastern San Fernando Valley area. The Armenian-American community has become a model for partnership and effective cooperation with public safety personnel in pursuit of keeping our communities safe and prosperous places to live for this and future generations.
The HyeVotes Campaign is a region wide, non-partisan initiative to engage community members in the electoral process. The HyeVotes efforts in coalition with a network of non-profit organizations, student groups, and community members, are intended to register and encourage the community to vote in Elections while also serving as a source for voter information.
The ANCA-SFVE participates in the greater HyeVotes initiative:
- To increase the number of registered voters in the East Valley.
- To create public awareness regarding the importance of civic engagement and the electoral process.
- To provide voters with comprehensive nonpartisan information about the contests on their ballots.
- To encourage civic engagement and volunteerism by partnering with local non-profit organizations and student groups.